Early Adopters Programme
To enter the IKS Early Adopters Programme, we ask you to enter an evaluation contract which has three elements:
- One of your technical staff will be attending a dedicated workshop (the first Early-adopters workshop will take place in Salzburg, Austria in the second half of June 2010) where the concepts and workings of the stack will be explained - you receive a travel and subsistence grant for this. Workshops will be held at different locations in Europe so that it will be easy for participants to attend one of them.
- You will be using specific IKS components of your choice (depending on where your firm's technology needs are) and you will integrate them in your current CMS technology. You will receive a development grant for the integration effort and IKS will link to your site if you can show the use of an IKS component.
- We will conduct structured interviews or ask for a brief evaluation report that will help us to develop the final version of IKS which will also be open source and which will also be open for evaluation. You will receive the full payment of the early adopters grant once we have received your report.
- Grants worth 5000-7000 Euro each
- Available to 40 CMS firms
- Open Source not a precondition for participation
To participate in the IKS Early Adopters Programme, or for more information, please get in contact with the programme manager, John Pereira.
Telephone: +43 662 2288 247
The grant scheme is offered to approximately 40 CMS firms (Open Source-based CMS is not a pre-condition for participation) and each grant is worth approximately 1 person month of effort as described under 1), 2) and 3).
- We recognize that semantic technology - while offering significant benefits - is still a tough beast to tame and we recognize that small firms cannot normally afford to spend the cost of a developer's month just on "trying it out". Here you have the chance of getting at least this initial hurdle paid for, getting the technology explained before you try it, and being able to use it immediately if it does work for you!
- You are connected to virtually all of the leading edge players and markets in Europe. As one of the participants from the CMS community remarked at the first IKS workshop: "This is the first time that the representatives of different open source CMS platforms talk about tackling technology issues jointly!"